Monday, February 1, 2010

Child Bribery

Emma was assigned a talk in primary last week. Previously, anytime she has had to give a talk, scripture, or prayer she would freeze as soon as she got to the podium. Well, I was done speaking for her, so I bribed her yesterday. I told her if she would give her talk I would take her to buy a Dora doll today. Well, it worked fabulous! I was so proud of her! But I had to hold up my end of the deal; so, off to K-mart we went.
When I bribed her I was thinking, I can get a little cheap Dora doll for about $5. Just tiny and cheap. Enough to hold up my end of the bargain. Well after walking through 5 isles of toys tonight, I discovered that you cannot buy a little Dora doll for $5. Try more like $15-$50. So, we had to settle for the $15 one. The one we got talks when you touch her belly and comes with a dog, Perrito (or Burrito as Emma likes to call him).

Here she is telling me, "Just take my picture!"

She took Dora to bed with her tonight. Not sure if that's a good idea since I keep hearing a Spanish speaking voice from Emma's room!

3 comments:

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

I love this last pic of her. sooo dang cute! :)

Heather Davies said...

Hurray for bribing! Sometimes you've gotta do it, and it looks like it turned out great! :)

Kris said...

She is such a cutie! I can't believe how big she is now! (Emma, not Dora)