Thursday, March 11, 2010

Our Little Angel

March 1st marked the 6 year anniversary of the day our little boy entered and exited our presence. His only mission here on earth was to receive a body. What a valiant spirit he must be! I am so honored that I was able to help give him the only thing he needed and that I am able to call him my son.
That is not to say that this experience came without pain. It hurts to bury a child. I didn't like it one bit. It also was the moment that I realized that Heavenly Father was in control and I wasn't. What a hard lesson for me.
Although the rest of the world did not know him I had 8 months of joy, getting to experience him growing and moving and feeling that bond that a mother and her unborn child get to. He was very much alive to me! How I cherish those last days of listening to his heart beat, and feeling each and every move.
I believe that he would have loved to stay here on earth with his family, but knew of the good he could do on the other side. And I KNOW that although I cannot see him, his spirit is very much alive doing important work that he could only do from there.
I am thankful for the experience, I am thankful that my family and I have something to work towards and I am thankful that I have the knowledge that I will see him again.

7 comments:

Rick and Ali said...

Sister...you made me cry. I sure do love you! You are an amazing person - don't ever forget that. Thanks for being such a great example!

Heather Davies said...

Wow, I had no idea. It would be hard to lose a child at any age. What a great perspective you have on what happened.

Annalyse said...

Oh Courtney, what a sweet post. I can only imagine how difficult that was for you, and still is, I'm sure. You are amazing!! Your testimony has touched me deeply. Love ya!!

Kris said...

Your post was amazing... I cried all over again! I can't believe it's been that long already. We love you guys!

The Beardall's said...

I was just thinking about your little guy adn your family yesterday as I took my mom thru the cemtery adn to visit my dad's headstone. You are so much stronger than I would ever be.

Unknown said...

Hi I'm Kami and I'm friends with Katie Jo. She told me about your blog. I have a similiar situation May 31, 2010. If you feel ok about it I was wondering if you could email me and tell me about your situation and I will tell you mine.

kami_ruskan@yahoo.com

Kimah said...

Of course I'm a year almost to the date late to comment but I thought it interesting that I haven't checked your blog in so long and this is what I read. What a loving tribute to your special little boy! I think he chose an amazing family to come to and one day you will have the honor of raising him. You ARE an amazing woman. Love you girl! <3